Saturday, March 07, 2009

I have a whole new respect for my husbands side job as a a yard man. I know that Jacob works hard but yesterday I got to experience it myself. I will fill you in on the interesting day that we had yesterday.

Jacob has been mowing yards since he was 7 years old with his dad. When his father passed away Jacob continued mowing yards and still does it to this day along with his regular job. He is a very hard worker and today I understand that so much more.

Yesterday afternoon I was playing outside with my daycare kids and waiting on them to get picked up when my phone rings and it is Jacob. He has had a blow out on the trailor that is carrying the sod he is going to lay. He says that he can still drive the trailor but he is late getting where he needs to and he can't even stop and get himself something to drink. He then asks me the million dollar question. Can you bring me something to drink??

Next time I will think about the answer to this question carefully before answering. I answered yes and the kids and I took off. I decided that since we were going we might as well stay and help and let the kids see what their daddy did on Saturday mornings. That was a dumb idea!!!

We stop at Wal-Mart first because we have to get drinks and if I am going to help Jacob I needed to get myself some gardening gloves. Ha Ha Ha. When we got to Mrs. Howards house Jacob still had over half the trailor full of sod and the back of his pick up truck full. We arrived at about 6 and we did not leave there until around 9:30 last night. I put sod into the wheelbarrow off of the trailor and then we went into the backyard and laid sod on the ground. I was in charge of straightening out the pieces when he laid them on the ground. I also got the priviledge of piecing together the bad pieces of sod and making them look good. This is much harder than you think especially at night.

By the time we finished last night the kids had gone to the suburban and put on a movie and I was knowing that I would be hurting in the morning. Our kids were troopers and I knew that they had to be starving because we had not eaten so we took them to Taco Bell on the way home and then we had to all come home and take showers before bed. I think that we finally got in bed around 11:30 last night. It was a long night and today I can barely move. We are up early for a basketball game that Hannah has and then we are supposed to come home and clean house, but I think I am going to take a nap and lay around. I hope that everyone gets out today and enjoys the beautiful weekend.

0 comments: